Students watched a short video clip and were asked to answer questions and hand in their journals for participation marks.
Questions to answer from movie:
- How many gallons does of blood does our heart pump each day?
- How many muscles help keep us moving?
- What are human beings made up of?
- What do different types of tissue form?
- What do several organs working together create?
- What is the strongest muscle in the body?
- Where do most nutrients enter the bloodstream?
- How many neurons does the brain have?
- How fast do nerve cells travel?
On February 9th we began diving in to specific systems. We started with the Nervous System. Students discussed the difference between a reflex(tapping their knee) and a reaction (receiving a ball that was thrown at them). To discuss reflexes we watched a short video clip (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHRC8SlLcH0).